Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Blog, My Predictions. And You Better Like It, Damn It!!! Part 2

Okay, today I'll tackle the category of Leading Actress. I like the nice mix this year of the young, the versatile and the film royalty.

I feel bad because I am a huge fan of Dame Judi Dench but it seems that her smaller films can't hold up to the money grabbers just about every time that she receives a nom. I give Huffman alot of credit for taking on such a gutsy role and I simply adore her and her hubby William H. When it comes to Keira what can I say? She's a hottie. I even recall my friend Rhonda and I walking out of a theater one time and seeing some type of gigantic movie poster for some sort of King Arthur flick (the title escapes me). Well, it had Keira in some type of scandalous flimsy warrior dressing. We both looked at each other and made the comment that "Yeah, we'd do her." lol! Okay, I think she had to be close to 17 at the time so it quickly made the situation go from bad to worse but she is a cute actress that pulls alot off with just a smile and wink of her eye. However, I know I am not only speaking for myself when I say enough with the Austen crap. Of all the huge novels out there, please, please, please, find something else to adapt! Theron was awesome in North Country but I am not sure if she could pull off the win for a playing two down and dirty parts (Monster - although I mean dirty in this case as psychotic prostitute serial killer grungy). But then again, Swank was able to do it twice (once as a transexual & once as a tomboy). She adapted to blue collar well in a movie that I think would've received more buzz if it came out closer to The Oscars. And I save the best, and I believe the soon to be winner, for last. Reese is great. She even makes her ditzy roles endearing. She simply shined in Walk The Line and I think Phoenix owes alot of his hype to her quality performance. It is about time that she took home an Academy Award.

2 comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

LOL - good times...we've had such fun together, haven't we? hahaha

Yeah, I think I agree with you about the Austen thing...

E-Speed said...

I wanted to scream at the video screen at the theater when the preview for P and P came on. HELLO! Been there done that, multiple times!

And that is my favorite novel, so you know its bad if I am hating!