Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fricken Freezin, Yo!!!!!!!!

So early Saturday morning Jen and I fought the bitter cold and completed in the Chili Bowl 5k (the race bears the name because it offers its participations a steaming bowl of chili upon completion). However, with Saturday morning's temps barely inching out of the single digits I think the F*cking Idiot Bowl would've been a more appropriate name for the race.

Despite the harsh weather conditions, about 500 participants braved the wind and snow to race through the streets of Westlake. I was happy to see some of my other running buddies such as Elizabeth and Brian also ventured out to the race. It is nice to see the crazy loves company. I am amazed that Jen and Elizabeth ran so well for the conditions. During the "warmup" (seems a little inappropriate to use that word) I had a hunch that it was going to be a rough one because my spit was actually freezing before hitting the ground. It certainly was tough. Perhaps the only race worse weather wise was The Hermes 10 Miler this past April. Who would've thought that a freak snow storm would pound Cleveland so hard in the middle of April?

The forecast looks a little warmer toward the end of the week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my lungs don't have to freeze up anymore this winter!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

LOL. It was nice running with you guys! Email me details about Wed. I seem to have lost my invite!