Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Risko, Meet Your New Zen...

I used to fly off the handle almost instantaneously when I got mad. Yelling screaming, hitting things (never people, just hard things) even sometimes crying was my way. I guess I just have a short fused temper that becomes ignited very easily. I wasted so much energy on raging against things that were, many times, insignificant. A quote that I remembered recently that really helped me to put things into perspective, "He or she that controls you anger, controls you." How true that is. And if that fails there is always the old standby of - "Give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves." Yet another solid piece of advice. Both of these quotes preach a lesson of sitting back and keeping a peaceful/easy feeling.

6 comments:

E-Speed said...

had fun tonight! Thanks for inviting me! You have some very nice friends!

A. M. Mericsko said...

Thanks Elizabeth! You are awesome!

Rhonda Helms said...

LOL - Athena, this is a great post...good luck with the zen thing, and may I never experience your wrath. LOLOL

A. M. Mericsko said...

The wrath of Athena is few and far between! lol! You my girl Rhonda, I can never get mad at you!

Rhonda Helms said...

Awwwwww - Athena, let's go eat a leg of lamb in the hawt tub...

A. M. Mericsko said...

Yeah, since I flipped out yesterday I am rethinking this phiosophy....