Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Blog, My Predictions. And You Better Like It, Damn It!!! Part 1

I thought that this year was probably the best year for movies that I have seen since 1999 and I also applaud myself for going out and seeing a majority of the strong contenders (many of which I saw before the buzz was overwhelming - extra personal kudos for me). I also applaud this year for being quite the year for gay matter in cinema. I am still eagerly awaiting to see if Bush addresses this tonight in his speech before tackling such small matters as the little war over in Iraq or the the decomposing of public education. Okay, here are a few of my random plugs on some of the award categories. Take em or leave em....

Actor In A Leading Role: Wow, 3 leading men that have a strong shot of claiming the award? I have not seen that in a long time. I have to go with Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Capote. I've loved him ever since I saw him in Boggie Nights. He owned the role as Truman Capote in every essential way. I have to admit that for the first ten minutes of the movie I thought that his voice would annoy the hell out of me but it endearingly grew on me. I loved Heath Ledger in Brokeback. He did so many amazing things with nonverbal communication. As the movie went on, he just seemed to get stronger and more comfortable with his role. The metamorphosis was quite amazing. I know many are pulling for Phoenix in Walk The Line but I think he might be a year late. Back to back winners mimicking the lives of music outlaws with drug issues? Not a chance. In addition, I unfortunately noticed him profusely sweating throughout the movie and it was a major distraction. I have not seen Hustle & Flow yet but Terrence Howard seems to be the man of the hour. Must be those dreamy soft brown eyes. This has been his break through year and well deserved for him. I also give him props because his family is tight with my old supervisor. From what I have heard he seems like an all-around great guy. As for Strathairn in Good Night, And Good Luck, I have not seen it yet. Hopefully I will get to catch it before Oscar night.

3 comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

heh - you crack me up. I can't wait to see more predictions...

also interested in what you thought of Bush's speech...

A. M. Mericsko said...

I am going to reference you in my next post! You rock!

Well, what can I say about Bush..... I liked Robert Palmer's "Addicted To Love" better than Bush's "Addicted to Oil". No...... Really?? However, I think he put a nice spin on it by talking so long about Mrs. King in the beginning. Especially after H.R. Clinton's plantation comments regarding the capital a few weeks ago. I did not watch Bush live. As a form of silent protest I watched "The L Word" (which anoth one of my friends also did) and caught the recap on CNN.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Great work guyz!
penis enlargement pill
best penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement natural
cheap penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill
natural penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill review
do penis enlargement pill work
enlargement penis pills
buy penis pills
natural penis enlargement
penis enlargement pills online
natural penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement drug
penis enlargement pill product
herbal penis enlargement pill
cheapest penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pills
buy penis enlargement pill
Good Luck!