Wednesday, January 18, 2006

taking it for what it's worth

I am sitting here watching "Dirty, Pretty Things" due to the recommendation from Deb. I trust her to train me at work so why not have confidence in her movie backing? Besides, I know that we are both suckers for British entertainment so I doubt that I will regret the couple bucks that I dropped at Blockbuster for a one week rental.

Today it occurred to me while complaining about my apartment heat being on the fritz yet again, that I have been looking on the negative side a lot recently. I need to remedy this and I need to do it fast. To speed this process up I will write about something positive and motivational - consistent friends. I am not talking about the casual ones that you can just call occasionally or share a simple laugh with. I am talking about the ones that are there through good times and through all of the bad times. The ones that don’t accept silence as an absolute or even as a temporary answer for obvious or sometimes undetectable issues. I applaud those that make the decision to remain as a fair and honest support system for their friends, Over the years I have gained some friends and I have easily lost some. Some have become tired and apathetic towards me and I have also lost faith in a few because I tried to make them into someone that they were not. As we all have had to learn at one time in life, it is painful when you realize that the ideals that you had in your mind can never add up the concrete.

My hope is that I always remember to cherish the consistent ones and appreciate the rare gems that they are.

1 comment:

Rhonda Helms said...

Fabulous idea - we all need a little more doses of positive, don't we?