Sunday, January 15, 2006

Thing that make you go augh!!!!

Well, my plans to escape South for the long weekend were foiled yesterday due to the morning snow storm. Damn you Ohio and your nice one minute and horrible the next second weather! We had a small window to hit the road and head to N.C. to visit Lisa and due to the inability to see 100 feet in front of us, we had to turn around. I did not want to chance getting Lynn killed or skidding my car off the road.

I spent a better part of yesterday being pissed and crabby at the world. Being in that frame of mind lead to my over sensitivity towards annoying song lyrics that I heard on the radio. I am not sure if it was a Michelle Branch song or not but whatever song it was she kept referring to the fact that she would walk a thousand miles. No, really, you wouldn't and we all know that you could not do it just to see that special someone tonight. I do not have confidence in her saying, "Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles..." It is probably because I am a runner and was just overly annoyed yesterday but that just put me over the top.

Has this singer ever even walked/run a marathon before? If she has, I tip my hat to her. It's tough work and it is also one of the most satisying experiences. I have ran 5 and I know that there is no way in hell that I would be able to walk a thousand miles. I know it's just a song but it still pisses me off, even though I am now in a much better mood than yesterday. Okay, I will stop with this topic before I start ripping into songs by The Proclaimers....

2 comments:

DP said...

It's Vanessa Carlton, former co-employee of the MUC Writing Center (know who this is??).

And yes, that song blows.

A. M. Mericsko said...

Of course I remember you Dan! Good to hear from ya! I like your blogg!