Monday, January 23, 2006

The Five Weird Things Game

Okay, it seems that alot of my fellow blogger peeps are jumping on the idea of listing odd behaviors about themselves so I thought better late than never!
Check out some good ones (sorry, for some reason my computer is not allowing me to enable direct links!)

waynelove1.blogspot.com & edgehos.blogspot.com

1.) I have to have at least 2 alarm clocks set & I check them frequently before I go to bed. I especially pay attention to the am/pm setting. Like someone is actually going to break into my place and screw with that??

2.) I have an unhealthy fixation with running. At first it started out as a healthy sport/habit but now I believe it has crept far beyond the status of "sane". I have missed weddings, funerals, graduations, baptisims and have altered numerous plans with my friends due to running around town.

3.) I have an inability to ride the tides. If things are going well with my life in general I have a sneaking suspicion that the bottom will soon fall out. I become overly nervous and intensely hyper. On the flip side, when things tend to get tough I wish for easy going times and I tend to enclose upon myself to find solace.

4.) This point sort of ties in with the last. For some reason I like to argue with my friends. In rare times I am actually passionate about the issue that I am defending but most times I just like to fight for the sake of causing an upstir. I really don't know why I do this. Things can be completely peachy and then I will just lash out for no apparent reason. Maybe because for 26 years I have seen my parents use arguing as a chief form of communication. Don't get me wrong, they still love each other and maybe that is why I have adopted this style. Arguing = caring? Whatever the case is, this affliction seems to have gone in a vicious cycle of getting better and then worse over the years.

5.) I always start falling asleep on my left side and just before I dose off completely into sleep I switch to my right side. For some reason I can't go into REM without turning onto my right side.

4 comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

LOL - nice list. Here are mine:

1 - I clean my ears with Q-tips several times a day. I can't seem to stop...it's obsessive...

2 - I don't eat any blue food. It tastes wrong to me.

3 - I have conversations with people in my head. Sometimes, I get mad at them in real life for what they said to me in those imagined conversations. haha

4 - I'm afraid of accidentally farting in public.

5 - I eat ketchup on just about everything.

A. M. Mericsko said...

those are awesome!! thanks for sharing!

Rhonda Helms said...

hehehe - thank YOU, too! it's fun getting to know weird things about your friends.

oh, and sorry about calling you a dumb dyke. HEHEHEHEHEHE

A. M. Mericsko said...

oh man, the memories of seeing that movie! we need to go again soon!