Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Nice Easy Going Weekend...

I must say that this weekend was pretty much just right. It was a good combination of relaxing activities and good times with friends. It all started after work (well, my department ended up kicking out about 45 mins early. Nice!) when we headed over to Max & Ermmas for my farewell happy hour. We kicked back with a few drinks and shared some laughs. Most of the humor was focused on my attempt to drink the "red, white and blue shot". Thanks Mary, it hit me like a ton of drinks before the glass hit the bar again! I must say that I am a little sad to be leaving the gang. However, I have the feeling (and I am not just saying that like so many old co-workers tend to do) that we will still hang out lots outside of work. I also know that it is time for me to learn new skills and I want to make more money.

Saturday kept the good times rolling with a nice and easy 12 mile run with Jen. Shockingly, we both felt really well. Usually one of us feels like crap while the other one feels stellar but this was not the case on Saturday since we both felt strong by the end of the second 6 mile loop of the greater Parma area. Later that night it was off to The Rocky River Brewing Company for some laid back brews and a good mix of conversation with Matt, Julie, Alicia and Jenn. After that we headed back to my place to watch a movie. I think at least one of us was asleep for most of the movie. We might be the oldest 26 year olds around!

On Sunday it was off to the Olive Garden with the fam., nap and then into work to wrap up some last minute things for the old department. Still had some time to do some organizing and running before watching a superb episode of The Family Guy. All in all, a pretty freakin good weekend!

No comments: