Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Past the Half Way Point of 2007....

Okay, I know that the month of June was actually the half way spot of 2007, but I failed to Carpe Diem that shit and instead I am going to work this blog posting now. I guess I was too preoccupied with writing about issues such as:

Monkey Mayhem


corn roasting


me drunkenly strumming my guitar



my bitchen kitten




instead of covering this. Yeah, I got those priorities in order. Okay, nuff with the bull crap, here is some of the best junkage that has gone on around me in 2007 so far.

Best dvd rental: Half Nelson. Ryan Gosling earned an Oscar nom. for his role as an inner city elementary history teacher trying to kick a nasty drug habit while attempting to keep his students honest. I don't think he could've played it better/ more believable and he definitely showed why he blows all the other male twenty-something actors (Josh Hartnett, Ashton Kutcher just to name a two) out of the Hollywood waters.

Best In Cinema View: The Namesake. Few film experiences have blown my mind like this film did, and I did not even read the book yet. A perfect plot, character development and climatic rising made me develop a new found thirst for knowledge of India.

Best new song ruined by stupid Jay-Z doing his rap thing: Amy Winehouse's Rehab. I love the soul and jazz effect that resembles a tune that could be blaring in a 1940's jazz club in St. Louis. Why did rap have to wreck a version of this great grandparents' age slice of retro?

Best worst relationship break up line: "You're a pain in the ass during the week and a pain in the ass during the weekend.". I know, ouch! However, the girl this was said to is as sweet as pie and funny as all hell. We laugh about it, even months later. We also find humor in the fact that the guy that said it is a tool shed that is most likely not getting laid.

Best worst excuse: "The cocaine in my jeans was there because I borrowed the pants. The crack was not mine." Thanks Miss Lohan. I think we all needed a good laugh. For some reason I doubt she really buys into that Sisterhood of the traveling pants ideology, but hey, ya never know.

Best example of when to use the words "I am fucking freezing.": 2/17/07 For MaryAnn & Paul's wedding we took pictures outside the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I think it was a brisk 19 degrees that day. Did I mention the Rock Hall is almost in lake Erie, and the bridesmaids had strapless dresses and sandals on? Oh, and the photographer Nazi had to get that "just right" picture. Burrr baby, burr!!

The best question that I can think of to ask a female singer: "Who hurt you so badly Miss Kelly Clarkson?" You seem like a nice girl; want me to kick his ass for you? Her tone, her lyrics, her hard as nails stare down all signal that you don't want to be the next fellow to break her heart. It's okay Kelly, you'll find him some day, but until that time, keep rockin & rollin.


Okay, there might be more to come with this because I had some fun with this post. Got to get back to administering the final exam, I noticed a few wandering eyes...

No comments: