Friday, August 24, 2007

What I Learnth From My 27th....

In sticking with the theme of me being maple sapish as usual when it comes to reflecting on instances in my life throughout a year at a particular marking point (per say the year end or a b-day), I have decided once again to bore you with my personal reflection points of this gal’s 27th year of skippin around town.

I am not going to do what people normally do and state that this past year was “the best” or “the worst” year of my life. Really I think that most, although people that have exceptionally stellar or catastrophic incidents occur during the course of a year do have a strong case, just use the generic labels of the best and worst because their brains are just too lazy to think back a few. Hell, I can get on board with this because I have been know to forget what I even had for lunch the day before. Okay, enough with this disclaimer shit…. Here is the rundown…. And just to make it a bit more digestable, I am going with one reflection per post. I promise, there will not be a super large number of them either...

-I learned that you can leave a job just as easily as it can leave you-

Although I did complain for various reasons about my job at the investment company and was actively on the prowl through the want ads, I still was sort of pissed when the company dissed me along with like 400 others due to the buy out. I guess this is business babe, but it did come as a sucker punch to the kisser. However, it also taught me to go out and persue what I really wanted - oh yeah, and it also showed me again how freaking lucky/blessed I am.

No comments: