Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rides, 20 Milers, BBQs & Flying Bats

Yes, all of these things are part of my weekend. Some parts were a little more terrifying than others.

On Friday I got the priveledge of going to Cedar Point with my bro for his company outting. The park was a bit crowded and it has been a while since I went to The Point around peak season. The longest wait we had was for the Maverick (about 1 1/2 hrs.) but it was waaaaaaaay worth it. That ride kicks your ass and does not even bother to ask for your name. Despite the matching arm bruises, the ride was fantastic.

My legs were aching pretty bad after Cedar Point but I still wanted to get my 20 miler in this weekend. I pulled a long run switchero this weekend because I did not want to do 20 duty on the weekend before my b-day. This girlie has got some plans to maximize fun next weekend and minimize the milage next weekend so that is why I swapped 12 for 20 on Saturday. The run was actually not too bad and I started to feel better as the run went on. I also got Lynn to buddy up with me for 8 of it. Later that night I got the reward of attend a good bbq at Alicia's parents' house (she was house sitting). The food was good and the big dogs all (labs, doodles and such) all played together smashingly.

When I got home on Saturday, I started reading on the couch because I was not sleepy yet. As I was reading, I started hearing werid stirs in the direction of my room. At first, I thought it was being caused by random kids in the hallway. However, as Stewie and I inched closer to my bedroom door, I saw a black wing fly by. It was a freakin bat! A black bat flying around in my bedroom!

More on this, I promise. Yes, the bat saga will continue in my next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loser. I thought you said you and Lynn were not running Saturday?That's the last time I'll ask to join you again!
But I will have to call you about the bat.
Jen

E-Speed said...

What are you racing this year? Columbus?

I made some killer margaritas last night. You have to come over and try one soon!