Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Reductio Ad Absurdum Monday: Sometimes The Randomness Of Your Life Also Extends To The Junk You Find In The Books On Your Shelf

So tonight I took my Webster's Dictonary of Quotations with my to my oral presentations (yeah, try not to giggle at the name, that is the official course title) class. My pupils were suppose to write down a quote on a notecard for an in class activity tonight and I figured that at least one or two jokers would have a brain fart and forget, so I brought my back up source. Well, turns out that I was correct and as a student sheepishly came up to my desk to consult my big ye olde book of quotes, I did the random page leaf through with my finger tips to make sure that I did not have any odd and ends within the pages of my text. I am notorious B.I.G. for slidin paperish items in my books. Well, turns out that this book was no exception to my rule.

In the pages I found the following items: a dried out leaf (okay this item sort of makes sense to be in a book), a picture of me, Julie K, Shawna and Kimmy Pants at Jeff Geises wedding in, I think, 1999? a recipe out of a mag. for toffee ice cream dessert and last and the most random of all random things - another picture, this one of my college friend, Julie O, sitting in her dorm room, kissing a minature silhouette of Honest Abe Lincoln. Yeap, I got no answers either.....

No comments: