Monday, June 11, 2007

On Corn Detox

Well, another year down at the good olde Parma Rib & Rock. Although I was pretty beat today and my arms and back are quite sore, I managed to get in a fairly good run in between classes. Sweetness. So here are some random thoughts from my gig at the Jaycess corn booth these past few days. And of course, I made it in a numerical "Top (insert arbitary number) List".
Given in no particular order of importance....

1.) People wear some fucked up clothes to Rib Cookoffs. Alicia and I were having a contest to see what was the worst wardrobe choices of each day. Some of the top contendors were -- the lady with leathery tan skin sporting the mini tube top that showcases a belly button chain (yes, chain, not just a ring), the lady wearing a long, very warm looking bulky turtle neck sweater (it was in the 80 degree area that day), the woman who order corn wearing a shirt that barely covered her nipples and the dude sporting the Tim Duncan Spurs jersey. An honorable mention goes to the guy that Neil spotted having a bald mullet. Not sure of what else he was wearing but judging from the hair, the rest was probably not so Project Runway.

2.) Some guy came up to our booth to inquire who had the best ribs. After I responded that I did not eat ribs, he looked at me like I had lobsters on my face. Sorry dude, the ribs are not my bag.

3.) I heard enough country music to make my head spin over and over again. Plus our stand was almost on top of the stage. Double augh!


4.) I am not the best artifical wall climber around. I tried it once a few months ago on a date and the terrain was a bit more favorable. Alicia took a pict. This one was from near the top of my quest. It looks like a good angle, better than a different one that probably could have shown the top of a miget's head as he was walking by. Yeap, I got about that far off the ground.



5.) There is a heap load of greasy and heart burnish potential food at Rib & Rocks.

6.) Neil and Roxann further solidified my opinion that they are my fav. married couple. They were working hard at this event 24/7 and neither peeped a complaint. Only smiles and dutiful charity labor was their agenda.

7.) Riding an unsafe carnival ride with your two friends, Roxy & Alicia, is good fun. However, after some beers, icecream and the reality of not posessing the fearless stomach of a 10 year old can really fuck you up. Damn you, Monkey Mayhem ride!!!

8.) T-shirts with cheesy corn sayings rock the house.

9.) Discussions by the corn grill of Jim possibly renting a giant jumping inflatable for backyard bbq makes my mouth water more than buttered corn.

10.) My middle name could be "4th". I ran again in the Parma mayor's 5k race on Saturday morning. Once again, I believe to the best of my knowledge, for the 3rd year in a row, I took 4th place on the womens' side. No matter how well or how much like ass I run, 4th seems to be my destiny. I guess it is better than 5th but Pre was the only one in my book that could pull off a bitchin 4th place performance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm currently looking into the inflatable. I can only imagine what will take place on that thing. Bring your cameras and keep it away from the fire. And ... since this blog is covering corn ... this year we shall be having a corn-hole tournament. For money, of course.

I also have to send a kudos out to Neil and Roxy. They rock!

Janet Edwards said...

Too funny!!!What is it abour Rib festivals that bring out the strange people...leathery lady with tube top and belly chain...eww!

Unsafe carnival rides rule after a few beers!