Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"What I Like About You.... Is That you Know How To Dance..."

Okay, well my subject line is so not true of me, but the following does involve a brief sampling of some of my personal favs. Here they are in no particular order....

Favorite Artist or Musucal Group: Electric Light Orhestra (ELO). I think Jeff Lynne is a freakin genius. "Fire on High" gets my blood pumping anytime, anywhere and few songs can rock my world like that. The lyrics, of course not in that particular song, also hit home with their metaphorical honesty.

Favorite Current Pop Song That I am Sort of Ashamed To Admit That I Heart: Christina Aguilera's "Dirty". It is so raunchy and raw that I just have to turn it up. Ask Alicia, it almost caused a minor rucus at the recent bachelorette party when I requested a replay.

Favorite Icecream: While I do have admiration for Superman, I also go head over heals for space icecream. It is so unique and interesting that I cannot resist.

Favorite Marathon Course: Columbus, Oh. Yes I did enjoy Boston in 06 (probably would've been more enjoyable minus the groin injury) but I Columbus ranks number 1 in my book because it is a small marathon with big time crowd support. Also does not hurt that I P.Red there. Thanks Lynn. : )

Favorite Class In Class Assignment From Classes I Have Taught: When I was moonlighting and doing the night teaching gig, it seems that I would always have class on Halloween night. That first damn day that I passed out the syllabus students would complain up a perfect storm about having class on Halloween. In a effort to please both me and the brats I implemented the showing of "Halloween" during class. If they attended class and then proceeded to write a fluff assignment concerning why the movie was so popular despite its low operating budget, they would receive 10 extra credit points. This class has been recieved well by my students over recent years. Of course, there were also the instances when the students that really needed the extra points chose to go haunting housing instead but usually there was a fairly adequate turn out. other postives of this class included students coming in costume or coordinating buying pizza with the rest of their classmates. I think this assignment worked better for the original night classes than the day classes but I still used it in both time slots. Free dinner and the viewing of one of my fav. movies --- not a bad night of teaching for me.

Well, off to Sushi Rock tonight with Andrea, Gina & Colleen for some spirits and eats. Hope you all have a good night!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

mmm sushi. I was going to have some for lunch but opted for the work outing instead. Now I am craving it even more!