Monday, April 09, 2007

Back In The New York Groove Of Monday & Such

A 1:52.14 (8.34 pace) on Saturday. Not too bad for a pushin 30 year lady that just decided last week to get in shape for a half marathon. It was cold, it hurt, and my hamstrings & quads are still screamin today but I am glad that I did it. I am also glad that Lynn jumped in to help pace me for the last half of the race. That girl is unbelievable. I told her that if she ever needed an organ that I possessed two of, I would gladly oblige.

The rest of my weekend was pretty good. With my new friend in New York visiting her family for the holiday, I gave my fingers a chance to heal from the climbing wall and I hung with Michelle & her hubby on Saturday. Our plans to hit up the bars were foiled due to the snow so I hung at their homestead (indulged in some leftover wedding alcohol) and watched Ultimate Fighting. Holy crap that stuff is intense! I feel a possible new obsession for me coming on. That is some shit that I think I can really get into.

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

You did great out there on Saturday especially given the prep you had! Way to go!