Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Long First Day Of the Boston Trip...

Okay Liz, you asked for it so I am delivering. We awoke on Saturday morning at 4:15 am. I did not even know that my alarm clock had that time! I set my clock and my cell phone alarm as a back up. That was a good move because Liz's watch alarm did not do the trick. After getting ready and grabbing some food, my parents (God bless em for getting up so early!) took us to Hopkins.

Upon arriving we learned that our American Airlines flight into New York was now delayed by an hour because of weather conditions. This really bummed out Liz and I because we were concerned about missing our connecting flight to Boston. When Jen and Matt arrived, Jen also shared our same concern. In fact, she almost went a little postal on the lady at the check in gate. However, she managed to keep her cool and just walk away as the American Airline lady was in mid sentence. I thought this was a much better move than smacking her with her overstuffed carry on! However, I can't blame her, since the lady was misleading us and going to book us on a much later flight if the delay kept up.

When we got back to our seats in the airport to wait out the delay, we all had to laugh because there was a man shaving his head, beard and mustache in the seats near us. I believe Jens' response was "Oh come on!" Seriously though, who does that in an airport?! It was so disturbingly odd and way too early in the morning to do that sort of intimate personal maintance in a public area.

Luckily, the plane took off earlier than the anticipated delay because the weather cleared on the East coast. The flight was pretty uneventful but when we at last arrived in Boston more crazy antics happened. More to come..

3 comments:

Rhonda Helms said...

At least he wasn't shaving his legs...haha

Rhonda, who passed her thesis exam and now has a master's degree!!

E-Speed said...

LOL! I can't wait to hear you tell the rest! I may just have to send all of my readers over here!

E-Speed said...

by the way are your drunk posting all of this? that is mandatory!