Monday, April 24, 2006

Easter, The Day Before The Boston Marathon Style....

I think we all slept pretty well Saturday night. The combination of an abundance of tasty Italian cuisine and being exhausted from traveling sealed the deal on getting the zzzzzs.

Jen and I decided the night before not to do the warm up road race that Elizabeth was going to jog with her sister. Sorry about that girl! We got up around 8:30ish and headed out to do 15-20 mins. When we started we noticed alot of runners carrying the post race goodie bags with bananas, yogurt drinks and bagels. We knew we had to get one of those bags! We followed the groups and were able to easily sneak in the tent at the finish line to get our healthy race loot. Normally, I hate those that indulge in the snacks without doing the race. But, since this one was free anyway and Boston had already taken enough of my dough, I felt pretty guilt free! The funniest thing was the guy pushing the peeps. He kept jokingly telling the runners they had to at least take one package of peeps before exiting the tent. I hate the peeps but I took one anyway. Ended up bringing it home for my dad who was thrilled. : )

Mike, Becky, Jen and me went to mass at Our Lady of Victories. Yes, much to my mom's delight, I packed and wore a skirt. The week prior to leaving my mom kept reminding me to not forget a skirt to wear on Easter for mass. Never once did she remind me to bring my running shoes, bib picket card, asthma medication etc. Yeap, as long as I packed the skirt, she thought I would be good to go!

I had to use the restroom before the mass (what a surprise from all the water!) and I had a nice chat with the priest prior to the start about running. The service was awesome! It was centered on running which surprised me for Easter Sunday. They also did a blessing of the runners after mass. I kept teasing Becky and Jen because the organist was playing parts of Chariot's of Fire. The last time the three of us tried to watch it they fell asleep and I was calling it Chariot's of Slumber for them. I was impressed, they managed to stay awake through the blessing! lol! Matt also spied author investment guru/author Peter Lynch at church.

After mass we began the great restraunt hunt. This turned out to be a little trickier than anticipated....

No comments: