Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy Backyard BBQ Eve

Tomm night is the 5th annual backyard bbq (7/7/07, how is that for luck?) & needless to say, I am so flippin excited! I know, I am a nerd. But if being pumped about getting the chance to get drunk and hang with my family/friends around a bonfire with lots of yummy foods is a crime then lock me up and throw away that rusty brass key.

Okay, in sticking with the theme of my fav. holiday, here are a few things I know will happen and that I would like to happen at the bbq:

WILL MOST LIKELY GO DOWN:

~ I will get drunk

~ I will break out my brother's guitar and attempt to sing and play the "Backyard BBQ" song and people might laugh at first but will then want to lock me in the poddle covered wallpapered bathroom to "chill out".

~ I will need to change my shirt at least once because like a 4 year old, I spilled crap on the front of me. It happens just about every year even though I try to be cautious when eating and drinking.

~ My mom will badger my ass about putting out the stuff for smores at least 4, dare I say 5 times. In turn, I will probably yell back attempting to use drunken logic.

~ I will unknowingly and quite consistently raise my voice as I attempt to speak. This will, once again, be the result of the alcohol intake.


THINK WOULD BE COOL IF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED:

~ My friend Lisa has earned a black belt in karate. I thought (and still think) this was so cool when I found out. I have told her that I want her to show me some moves. I strongly believe that I will fuck em all up but maybe I can at least get a B+ for effort.

~ We did not get the GIANT jumpy inflatable castle because 7/7/07 is such a popular date and they were rented out as Jim discovered this week. Enlight of this, I would think it would be spectacular if Jesus or an inflatable castle fairy were to set one up in my bro's backyard in the middle of the night.

~ I somehow became less tone deaf in 24 hours so I could sing not only the backyard bbq song but also some Ronstadt, Jewel and Carly Simon.

Until later, gator!


Roxy enjoying a hot dog at the 3rd shin-dig. Rox, please still be my friend for posting this on my blog! Come on, this picture rocks and you know it!!!

3 comments:

E-Speed said...

awwe crap I forgot all about this! Bummer I am sure I missed some great moments. Post pics soon!

A. M. Mericsko said...

I know girl! You missed a good one!

Anonymous said...

Athena I guess I can still be your friend since I displayed the photo on the awesomest backyard BBQ shirt ever - given to your brother!