Monday, May 21, 2007

Nice Job To All My Peeps That Ran Races In Cleveland Yesterday!

Good job Jo, Brian, Liz and Janet! Lots of PRs and smiles on your faces yesterday. A pretty good combo for a challenging course! As promised. I will put together my list of top sayings that I screamed yesterday while cheering. To be honest, I think I was a alot more creative with my word choices last year but I still think there are some zesty zingers in there... More to follow when I get done with classes. But here is a little drink (perhaps a lemon drop shot?) to get you going.

1.) "I love runners, especially the nasty and sweaty ones!!"

2.) This comment was said to a kid in the race that was sporting a U of Oregon track jersey, "Go Pre!! Don Kardong is up ahead." It made him laugh pretty hard. However, those spectators around me that lacked 1970s collegiate track knowledge looked at me as if I had lobsters on my face.

3.) "You guys rock! Keep it up!!" I know, a pretty boring catch phrase but I think it helped a few as they were cruising by me.

4.) "Honk if you heart marathoners!!!" I was yelling this one as I was in transit in the Vibe driving over a bridge. Luckily this year I did not come close hitting any runners.

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

thanks girl! You are a rockstar!