Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy B-Day Jimbo!!!

This week Jim turned 34. 34 is the new 21, or at least that is the word on the avenue. In honor of this I was going to post an old school picture of us from circa 1983 with him sporting a straight brim hat and big brown framed glasses and me attempting to chase some geese at the zoo. But due to me not having a scanner and the quality of the Polaroid being sub par, I decided to opt to just describing.

If you ever do want to take a gander at the real one, come over to my place and take a looky, it is priceless.

Jim is a rockin fellow to have as an older bro. Over the years our relationship has changed alot. Growing up (him being 6 years older), I used to take and sometimes eventually break his toys (now it is just his cds that I loooong term borrow). As we got older it was time for the headlocks in the mall. Which would prompt my mom to just give up of yelling at us and walk away like we were not her offspring.

As I got older he would serve as DJ for my backyard b-day parties. Although, as I just recently found out this past summer, I was not privy to the rum and cokes that he was secretly supplying to my high school friends. What the hell? I could've used a drink or two?! But we will let it slide since I have bummed many a Great Lakes off of you post college.

When I moved to college Jim was the dependable bro that I could call on when my computer magically ate my Victorian Literature paper about 20 mins before it was due. Inspite of my girlish hysterical crying and swearing, he kept me calm and helped me to slavage at least a portion of my paper.

Jim has an easy going personality which is a welcome change in our frequently hyperish family circle. So easy going in fact that he often lets us use his house as party central. In fact, I remember one New Year's Eve when my friends and I had the oddity of zero plans on the agenda for the holiday night. We came up with the idea of having a get together at Jim's. We ran it by him and he, of course, being the mellow dude that he is, readily approved. But here is the kicker, he was not even going to be there because he already had plans of a attending one of pal's parties. Left with the instructions of "Just try not the break anything and clean up when you are done." he left me with the keys to his castle. Yeap, that is the type of awesomeness this man posses. I mean hell, I have heard stories from some of my friends about older brothers that are weird about them using their cars for just a trip to the mall and my bro lets me and my friends have run of his place. Yah, pretty flippin sweet.

So here is to you Jimbo. I may not say it as often as I should, but you rock!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ace,

Thanx for the kind post as I pass a, yet another, revolution around our star. I do have to say that if you make the entertaining photo of me with the "Coke" glasses and "short", shorts ... I may have to post the glamours image of you with a truly fantastic perm. Stylist around the globe would stop and wonder how that was allowed.

Remember ... I do have control of many Web sites that I can post on.

With that said, these rumors of me supplying cool, yet potent, beverages to friends of yours ... Are truly exaggerated. I cannot deny, Maybe, once or twice, it may have happen.

As for the technology I have pasted on to you, get your laptop over so I can update it!

Love ya,
Your Bro