Monday, May 14, 2007

Because You Never Know When Someone Is Going To Show Up All Spontanious- Like With A Ceramic Gnome In Hand

I found my lucky silver ring. I thought it was long gone since I have not spied it since circa 2002. Rediscovered it in my lock box under some old bank statements and insurance info. You know, where I like to keep all that important crapage.

Found my kick ass t-shirt that I love. It was hidden beneath a sweater in my closet. It is this Old Navy shirt with LA Track on it. Thought I left it behind in Boston last spring since that was the last time I remembered sporting it.

Found closure with a former flame. That came in the form of me jumping in my car a little before 10 pm on Thursday to make a surprise visit. No, it was not one of those "Reunited" again songs or an attempt at "Come on baby, lets remember the good times and get back together." It was neither of those things - we have both moved on. It was just a casual conversation while trying to box random stuff up (minus the ghosts) and a surprisingly non-awkward hug. Well, the little awkward part was me stepping in a mini pile of fossilized cat poo in the coat closet but if that was the weirdest part, than that is pretty fantastic. I needed to close the lid on this thing in a good way. I thought it would be hard, but very oddly enough it wasn't. I think I finally have peace with everything the way it is. What a relief for this gal.

Found out that I can still cheer it up for my old team. Some of you may know the junk that went down between me and my former softball team. If you don't know than don't worry about it because it is in the past now. Learned that although some people may never change, there are still a majority of folks that are keepers and you can always strike up good conversation with.

Well, off to type up some lesson plans. May you all find what you need this week.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Good to hear all's well . Gosh, I can't believe it's mid-May already.

Unknown said...

Ace - I very surprised you were able to find anything in that apartment. Have fun at the party this weekend and clean up my house, I'm leaving town for the day.

Your Bro

PS: Our mom is wacko, yet we love her.