Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Lucky Number 7? Registered at 12:45 EST today...

With Jen not thinking about pregnancy yet, our mission to run more marathons continues. Signed up for The Marine Corp. Marathon (Oct. 29th) today. The beat goes on....

Some of our peeps, Brian & Elizabeth, are going to do Chicago. I don't think I will ever do Chicago again. I had blast running it with such a large group of my college friends (some of my other non-runner friends also came so it was great to have them there for support and good times) but the narrow streets and sharp turns at the beginning stages made me a little claustrophobic. However, it was flat as a pancake and fast as all hell for most.

Tinkering with the idea of running in costume since Marine Corps is so close to Halloween, but I think the heat might kill me before mile 11 if I opted for the gorilla suit.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Awesome! The week after Chicago so we'll pretty much be on the same training schedule! Do you have any goals for this one?

Papa Louie said...

Good luck on your training for Marine Corp.

A. M. Mericsko said...

I would like to run under 3.35 eventually. I think that my issue is making sure I get the speed work in. Looks like I need to hit the track this summer!