Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"Ain't No Use In Complaining When You Got A Job To Do.."

And that song lyric has never rang truer for me than now. Back to business as usual around here until the show closes which looks like, for sure, January. I am still hunting but also making sure that I keep a good attitude. I know that recently I have been more than a little "off". I had a good conversation with Mrs. Esner at lunch on Saturday regarding jobs, God, choices and life. Her personal career experiences and words of wisdom helped me to see things from a new angle. Also, a belated birthday gift from a friend made me see that everything will work out.

In addition, "Nip/Tuck" seems to provide awesome advice from time to time. I was watching an old repeat on FX when I could not sleep and a quote really got to me. I cannot quote it directly but it went something like this: Some people or situations in your life are like your appendix. You really do not need it or them and sometimes they cause you alot of pain. You are hesitant to lose these things in your life but you soon discover after the removal that you are painfree and better off. Good words to chew on. I have a few appendix like things that I need to remove, and I am working on it. Mine seem to be piece by piece removal opposed to one giant grab and toss.

Felt pretty good about the half marathon this weekend. I ran less than 30 seconds slower than last year. Jen and I were discussing that the weather felt a little warmer than last year but I also know that I was in better shape in Sept 05. I was doing intervals weekly and my speed (or what I have of it) was developing. Due to injuries and teaching, I cannot attend the Tuesday track workouts with the TNT gang but I know I need to start doing those on my own. No excuses now. I have a better attitude and I am getting my focus back. Better late than never!

No comments: