Saturday, July 15, 2006

Relay For Life

Okay, I crashed for a few hours so I think I am recovered and good to go yet again.
: ) From 6 pm yesterday evening till about 9 am this morning (the closing ceremonies concluded a little earlier although I was not complaining because I was pretty beat by this point) I participated on the Parma Jaycees' Relay For Life Team which was hosted around the make shift concrete circle around the pond at Tri-C's Western Campus.

Overall, it was such an awesome experience! I guess though I need to apologize to the ones I either texted or called freakishly late or early in the wee hours. Opps! I guess I lost track of that whole time concept! I have lots of funny things that I want to write about but not enough time to jot them down during this sitting. But the one thing that I did want to comment on was how difficult it was to function on lack of sleep. By the time the event ended I had been awake for about 26 hours straight. I must say that I think that is the longest that my body has ever functioned without sleep. Yes, a new record! Although, it was a record that I do not want to attempt to break anytime in the near future. As we were either walking around the track or chilling out in our tent one of my friends said that this has to be easier than running a marathon. I totally disagree with her on that point. Although running one is difficult, it is still a heck of a lot shorter time wise. Also, training for a marathon gets your body used to the conditions you will have to deal with on race day. There was no way for me to train in a healthy way for this event which tested me physically and mentally. Well, more to come, I am off to enjoy the rest of my night!

No comments: