Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Best of What I Believe To Be Around...

Okay, about a month ago my friend Alicia gave me the suggestion to write a blog posting about some of my favorite songs. I believe that me confiding in her that the song "Dirty" was among my favorites prompted her idea. I know, it is hard to swallow that one but for some reason every time I hear it the damn song it just makes me want to bop my head and move my arms. As many of you know, I enjoy many different types of music. Much has been influenced by my older brother and his love of classic rock.

When I was running yesterday Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" came on 106.5. This song always does two things for me: it puts me in an instantaneous good mood & it makes me laugh out loud. A major part of why the second is true for me is because I can't help but recall the part in "So I Married An Ax Murderer" where Charlie's dad (played by Mike Myers) is blaring on his bag pipes to his personal rendition of this sultry classic.

The song is so incredibly cheesy. The innuendoes are smack you in the cheek obvious; "He says I'm sorry but I'm out of milk and coffee. Nevermind, sugar, we can watch the early movie." I think the fact that Rod Stewart, belting it with his outrageous mop of curls, makes it even better!

1 comment:

Rhonda Helms said...

"We've got a piper down. I repeat, we've got a piper down."

LOLOL that movie is the best!!!

"You want to cleave me? Charlie, what does that mean?"

"Woman! Wo-man. Woooooooooo-man!"

Oh man - don't get me started on the quotes...hahahaha