Tuesday, January 30, 2007

More About My Small Skiing Adventure...

After I got the right fit for my boots and got them snapped into my skis (I seemed to have some initial difficulty with this) I was ready to tackle to smallest mound (AKA the bunny slope). The first challenge was getting up on the tow rope. No one told me that the tactic behind this was to get the plastic pulling device attached to the rope snuggly on your back so it could do all the work. I, unfamiliar with the entire process, instead opted to hold onto the plastic wedge for dear life as it slowly tugged me up the slope, all the while trying to remember Michelle's words of "Try not to cross your skis!". By the time I got up my arms were still tense and I was sweating more but at least I was up the little hill. Everyone in my group then proceeded to tell me that it was time to go back down. My response was "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

No comments: