Monday, October 09, 2006

"On The Long Run"

Because of the events this weekend (the play, wedding and Cedar Point) I could not fit in my usual marathon long run in with the companionship of Jen this past weekend. Instead, I ran my 20 miler today by myself because I took a vacation day. I am not sure if it was because it was usually warm weather for this time of year (close to 80 when I was running) or because my legs were quite pooped from walking around cedar Point the day before, but the run absolutely blew! I found myself swear in my head alot (even sometimes outloud) about how much I hated running. Maybe I was just feeling extra tired today or having an off day with my bio-rhythms but whatever the case was, I was Not feeling the love for long distance running this afternoon. I am hoping that this is just a one time deal and not an omen of things to come for D.C. in a few weeks.

2 comments:

E-Speed said...

I only ran 2 miles last night and it was exhausting, blame it on the weather!

Brian said...

Long training runs without company are always a drag. You'll be fine for Marine Corp. By the way... I read that your biggest hill will be near the finish : )